Multitasking is a difficult thing to do, especially when your desk is overcrowded with work materials that your flow is one huge mess. Today, we’re going to be looking at something to help reduce the stress of work. Here are five desktop microphone stands you can look through.
The steady rise of technology in the 21st century has brought about changes in the daily pursuits of individuals worldwide. This advancement can clearly be seen in the numerous devices, machines, and apparatus that are constantly being introduced to the global market.
With the growing demand of productivity upon media-literate persons such as students, instructors, and working new adults, the need for using technology increases.
A majority of pursuits related to technology are in the audio-visual field. Youtubers, podcasters, voice-over artists, and other content makers are just some of those professions. Being part of a highly creative and fast-moving community requires the best gadgets one can use.
One of these gadgets is the microphone, which is used to receive audio input of many kinds such as speech recordings and music. To make the most out of a microphone, a mic stand is a crucial component.
We have given you five different desktop mic stands below, as well as information, specifications, and other details. Now, it’s up to you to decide how to make your recording life easier!
5 Microphone Desk Stands
|Samson MD5 Desktop Microphone Stand|
|Gator Frameworks GFW-MIC-0821|
|RODE DS1 Table Top Desk Stand|
|LyxPro DKS-1 Desktop Microphone Desk Stand 9″ – 14″|
1. On-Stage DS7200B
Since 1979, On-Stage has been creating the best musical instruments and microphone stands. On-Stage products are used every day in studios, showrooms, and on stages all over the world, because of their guarantee of affordability, durability, and innovation.
The DS7200B is just one of their amazing microphone stands. For short-height miking, this compact stand is ideal, making it perfect to be placed on desks or tabletops. It has a low-profile design for use on a desk or podium, with standard mic clips and accessories mounted on the removable shaft.
For precise mic positioning, the height is adjustable from 9″ to 13″.
For stability and vibration dampening, a solid sand-cast base with non-slip rubber feet is used. For dependable mic support, a hefty base offers stability and balance.
This product retails on Amazon at $19.95, being one of Amazon’s Choice in Microphone Stands list. It has been given a rating of 4.5/5.
- It comes with a Solid sand-cast base with non-slip rubber feet for stability and vibration dampening
- It has a die-cast steel clutch that adjusts from 9″ to 13″ in height
- Its low-profile design makes it ideal for use on a desk or podium
- Not the cheapest mic stand out there
2. Samson MD5 Desktop Microphone Stand
The Samson MD5 is a must-have for desktop setups. The MD5 is 5″ tall to provide for the best possible positioning of the mic on your desk. The MD5 includes a weighted 6.25″ wide die-cast metal base that guarantees optimum stability for any microphone that uses a 5/8″-27 standard mic clip threading. Its low-profile design blends in nicely with most workstations.
It also works nicely when used in conjunction with the Samson SP01 Spider Shockmount. The MD5 is ideal for voiceovers, music recording, podcasts, and other desktop applications that necessitate accurate mic positioning.
Any normal microphone or microphone clip can be used with the MD5.
It weighs 3 lbs. with a 6.3” x 6.3” base.
A downside to the MD5 is that it is not adjustable, so one might find it difficult to alter the height in relation to their desk or tabletop.
This product retails on Amazon for $15.85. It is also one of Amazon’s Choice in Microphone Stands. It has been rated 4.5/5 by over a thousand buyers.
- Designed to fit any conventional microphone on a desk
- It comes with a weighted metal base for stability
- Its low-profile design complements the majority of workstations
- It may be difficult to adjust the height in relation to a desk or tabletop.
3. Gator Frameworks GFW-MIC-0821
For the music, audio, and video industries, Gator Frameworks offers over 100 different types of stands, hangers, and other accessories. Gator Frameworks solutions empower both beginners and experts, making performance simpler and allowing them to focus on what they like.
Gator Frameworks is continuously working to make life simpler for artists and audio/video professionals, from the Lift-EEZ lift-assist pistons in the ID series speaker stands to simple solutions like accessory trays that hook on to mic stands.
One of their leading mic stands is the GFW-MIC-0821. It is a short microphone stand with a compact base. It has a weighted steel base and a threaded mic mount. Its maximum height is 23” with a 4.5” x 8” weighted base.
The height and angle are independently adjustable, making it easier for users to adjust the mic stand according to their preferences. The stand’s ergonomic grip allows for easy, seamless height adjustment.
Including a 16” single section boom, its base is weighted for stability and balance.
This is likewise well-built and comes with cable clips. This is a fantastic alternative that is less expensive than some of the other tiny boom-style supports.
On Amazon, one can choose from a deluxe weighted base, a tripod base, or a weighted base. The buyer can also choose from buying a stand, a stand and a 6 ft. cable, a stand and a 10 ft. cable, and a stand and widescreen.
The minimum height is 11.4” and can be adjusted up to 14”. The boom arm length is 18.5”. Its base dimensions are 8” x 4.5”, made out of steel with steel tubing. Weighing 6.8 lbs, it is black powder-coated.
The GFW-MIC-0821 retails on Amazon for $44.99. It is rated 4.5/5 by over 1,300 buyers.
- The height and angle can both be adjusted independently
- The ergonomic grip on this mic stand makes height adjustment simple and smooth
- Well-built and comes with cable management clips
- Its rectangular base was disliked by some users
4. RODE DS1 Table Top Desk Stand
RODE Microphones is a wholly-owned and managed audio company based in Australia. It has become the go-to microphone and, along the way, a global force in pro audio across music recording and performance, broadcast, cinematography, newsgathering, and wireless.
RODE has been recognized as an industry leader in design and business throughout the years, winning several Red Dot awards, Australian International Design awards, and the 2013 Australian Manufacturing Exporter of the Year.
An outstanding mic stand is their DS1 Table Top Desk Stand. The DS1 is a desk stand for RODE microphones that sits on top of a table. For interviews, dictation, and other similar purposes, the DS1 allows you to put your microphone on a desktop.
The Rode DS1 Microphone Desktop Stand is made to hold a variety of microphones in place. The stand adjusts from 11 to 15.74″ in height and comes with two cable clamps and a 3/8 to 5/8″ adaptor.
It retails on Amazon for $54.95, weighing 2.1 lbs. It has been chosen by Amazon as one of the top microphone stands by RODE.
- It’s designed to hold a variety of microphones
- Best mic stand for interviews
- It may be tough to screw together, according to some users.
5. LyxPro DKS-1 Desktop Microphone Desk Stand 9″ – 14″
Desktop Stand for LyxPro Microphones The LyxPro Desktop Mic Stand is built of durable materials and comes with a 6-pound weight “It has a large diameter base, making it ideal for usage on a desk or stage.
It adjusts to a maximum of 14 degrees with ease “with the turn clutch that locks in place.” It’s perfect for home recording, podcasts, broadcasts, and live interviews, as well as kick drums, pianos, and amps.
It has a cast-iron circular base for further durability and stability. The base of this mic stand weighs about 2.2 lbs.
A 3/8′′ to 5/8′′ adaptor is included with the LyxPro Desktop Microphone Stand for mounting mic holder clips. Its robust construction allows it to accommodate mics weighing up to 6.5 lbs. For added stability, the base has three tiny rubber feet.
The DKS-1 retails on Amazon for $17.99. It has been rated 4.5/5 by over 500 buyers.
- It’s ideal for home recording, podcasting, broadcasting, and live interviews.
- Its sturdy design allows it to hold microphones weighing up to 6.5 pounds.
- With the turn clutch that locks in place, it adjusts to a maximum of 14 degrees with ease.
- Some users complained about the sharpness of the base.
Desktop Mic Stand Buying Guide
What is the best desk mic stand?
There is no single microphone stand that can be considered the best or the greatest. It all really depends on your needs, preferences, and budget. The best thing to do is to assess your current setup, find out what you can do to improve it, and perform research. In choosing any apparatus, especially those more on the pricey side, research is your best friend.
If you’re broadcasting or recording on a regular basis from your home/studio/office, you’ll want a heavier, bigger microphone stand that won’t move.
Many broadcasters, however, enjoy being on the move, therefore there are variants that are ultra-light and ultra-portable, such as desktop mic stands that can fit into your backpack or glovebox. This is where your workflow comes into play.
However, you came here to figure out which desktop mic stand you should put into consideration, and we’ll give you just that. Out of the five we showed you, the RODE DS1 Table Top Desk Stand is our recommended product.
- RODE has been in the electronics scene since 1967 as Freedman Electronics. It quickly rose to prominence in Australia’s emerging audio sector, specializing in loudspeakers, amplifiers, and bespoke electronics, as well as dabbling in the occasional microphone.
- RODE invested extensively in the newest gear and technology in the 2000s in order to manufacture world-class microphones in all categories at affordable costs in Australia.
- RODE has become the go-to microphone and, along the way, a global force in pro audio across music recording and performance, broadcast, cinematography, newsgathering, and wireless.
- The RODE state-of-the-art factory, which consists of three warehouses with a total size of over 110,000 square feet, contains over $60 million in precision machinery and an international workforce of more than 250 employees spanning highly specialized disciplines: marketing and sales, finance, quality control, assembly, logistics, injection-mold technology, toolmaking, metal production, audio and acoustics engineering, technical engineering, industrial design, and electronics engineering.
- This company’s long history only proves its experience in the craft of electronics. The DS1 will surely not disappoint you. If you still wish to find other RODE mic stands, you can simply browse their website or look it up on Amazon.
Should I get a microphone stand?
Getting a mic stand for your desk is not required, but highly recommended. You should lean towards getting a mic stand if you find your desktop or workspace messy. Using a mic stand on your desktop might help you save a lot of space.
It’s useful, especially if your desktop is running out of room. A mic stand also eliminates the added strain of having to hold or wear your microphone. With a mic stand, your hands remain free for whatever work you need to do.
A mic stand also helps with the noise factor of your environment. One of the biggest issues with the original small mic stand is that it is too short. The PC’s vibration noise (which is amplified if your PC is on the desktop), the keyword typing noises, the mouse-clicking noise, and the pencil scratching sound while writing.
Indeed, utilizing a more workable third-party mic stand may easily solve all of the noise issues.
You could consider adding some handy accessories to your mic, such as a pop-filter, windscreen, or shock mount. If you wish to upgrade your setup, you will most likely find that the original stand that came with the box is no longer adequate. The mic stand’s main drawbacks are accessory compatibility issues and the increased weight.
Not only are desktop microphone stands perfect for podcasters and broadcasters, but they’re also great for singer-songwriters who want to record or live stream while sitting comfortably. Singers may set their microphone in the ideal area for maximum performance with a boom-style desktop mic stand.
Mic stands will surely boost your productivity and promote a practical working environment. It is highly recommended to get a desktop microphone stand if you frequently use a microphone, may it be for filming videos, recording podcasts, taping songs, or just simply talking to friends or colleagues.
Desktop mic stands are available in a broad range of styles and manufacturers. Some have a tripod base for stable stability, while others have long boom arms for better microphone location. Knowing your many mic stand alternatives will help you choose the best table/desktop mic stand for your needs.
Got any questions? Just write down a comment and we’ll be more than happy to help you.