One of the worst feelings is recording something and later on finding out that the quality of the sound is not exactly what you are looking for. This can be so embarrassing. However, some tools can be used to reduce the background noises making the final product better. There is just one simple setting in GarageBand which helps reduce the background noises.
Apple decided to create a digital audio workstation called GarageBand. Garage Band is used by macOS and iOS users to create music and podcasts. Mac users know this application pretty well.
Garage Band noise reduction is managed by a tool called Noise Gate and Celemony’s Melodyne 5. This handy-built tool is very easy to use. You have to teach yourself how to use it.
How To Eliminate Unwanted Background Noise Manually?
Before you learn how to eliminate background noise manually, you need to know some of the reasons why reducing background noise is necessary.
Podcasts have grown, especially in the 21 st century. For any of your interests, be very assured you will find a podcast discussing what you are looking for. Any topic, any niche is readily available. It doesn’t necessarily mean that all podcasts are created in the same way.
Some podcasters use very high-end studios to record their work. While others, especially the small and growing podcasters, work with what they have. This is why beginners must use some tools such as Noise Gate to adjust the quality of their work.
Why Do You Need To Reduce The Background Sound?
Quality is key to any podcast. Reducing background sounds improves the quality of any podcast.
Reducing background noise also makes your podcast sound professional. It also adds value to any listener because the podcast literally has no distractions.
A happy audience is what you want. If your audience is happy, there is a high chance they will listen to your other podcast episodes and leave nice comments and good reviews.
Are you willing to learn more about garage Band noise reduction? Let’s discuss how you can eliminate unwanted background sounds manually.
How To Use Noise Gate In Garageband Noise Reduction
You have either used Noise Gate before or even heard of it. If you are not sure about how it’s used, this is the right article for you. Noise Gate sets the entire track’s volume threshold. This means that any audio picked below the set threshold level is reduced. Below are some steps that will help you.
How To Set Up A Garage Band Noise Gate
Below are the steps that will help you set a Noise gate
- Choose the track that you need to reduce noise on.
- Open the smart controls by pressing b on your keyboard.
- On the dynamics category, click on a plug-in slot.
- From the noise gate presets, choose the tighten up” category.
Below Are The Steps That Will Help You Reduce Background Noise Manually
- The first step is selecting the audio that you are about to edit.
- You are supposed to find the noise gate dial, check it and turn it on. Adjust the level by moving the dial box
- Zoom in on the track that you wish to modify a little closer. Using the trackpad’s zoom feature, you will enlarge the image. Zooming in will let you see all of the superfluous tiny sounds in wave format that are difficult to see.
- Isolate the audio recordings that you wish to get rid of as carefully as possible. To cut off the pieces, press the (command+t) key combination.
- Use the (command+t) feature to chop off the initial section of the video that you don’t like.
- Carry the newly formed rule over to the next sections and make use of the previously established function (Command +T)once more.
- Do not move the dial too far because it will cut all the noise inclusive of your voice. It is advisable to set the gate, so that a very little amount of sound is removed, then adjust it from there.
- Words with the letter “s” can sound so choppy. Watch out!
- Use the noise gate dial to adjust the background noise without tampering with the quality of the whole track.
By following all these processes, you can delete any unwanted part in a track, including when a singer or a person recording a podcast breathes before speaking or singing again. You may erase a track’s breath by selecting it and then deleting it. It’s that simple!
Duplicating and looping the same audio area is a bit of a challenge. This is a little bit comprehensive; pay close attention. Once you have deleted each unwanted audio in your track, you’ll see that you can’t loop it right away; this is because you have deleted some sections out of the track. By doing this, you may have many vocal tracks instead of just one.
Expert Tip: If you try to re-merge your tracks using the Command+ J feature, you’ll be right back where you started. All of the altered sounds and noises, including removed ones, will reappear. There is, however, a way out of this mess.
The most important thing to remember is to start with a blank audio file and apply the Command +J function to it. This will assist you in removing breaths and edited noises from an audio file to produce a new, better one.
Using Command + J will merge all previously erased edit mistakes if you don’t make a new file beforehand. Here, the most crucial thing to keep in mind is that you should make a new audio file.
How To Create A New Background Noise Free Vocal Track: Does GarageBand Have Noise Reduction?
You can always create a new background noise-free vocal track after removing all the background noises. including the unnecessary breathings.
Below Are The Steps That You Can Follow To Create A New Background Noise Free Vocal Track:
- 1. Duplicate the settings on a new track by pressing Command + D.
- 2. Choose the modified track (the one that you have already removed all the unnecessary sounds). All of this should be copied and pasted into the new Track Region.
- 3. To make a new audio area that does not include the altered noises and breathing. select all new tracks and press the Command +J function.
Following the previous three procedures will result in Garage Band informing you that a new track is required to produce a new file from the “noncontiguous” audio source. The older modified tracks will be combined with the same faults like breathing and background sounds in the new track if you don’t receive this warning message.
As a result, you should strictly adhere to the given directions. Click on the OK button and voila atter you see the warning message. You may loop as much as you want with the new track.
Noise Gate Plug-Ins
A well-known free noise gate plug-in is Bob Perry Noise Gate, which can be obtained on Plugins4Free. A much more analog sounding than Garage Band’s basic noise gate. this noise gate is harder to operate. but yields results more in line with those found in a professional recording studio or at the home of an artist.
There are many similarities between the threshold. attack. hold, release, and range settings of a compressor. There are two toggle switches on the lett and right sides, as well as a few other features.
- There is a toggle switch on the panel that says “Curve.” It is situated on the left-hand side.
- The curve is made up of three parameters: Curve. Log. and S-Curve.
- The toggle switch for “Source” may be found on the screen’s right side.
- The Side Chain’Channel toggle switch lets you alternate between the two modes at will.
Elimination Of Background Sound Using Celemony’s Melodyne 5
Producers of music may eliminate background noise using a number of gears accessible to them, including Celemony’s Melodyne 5 from Plugin Boutique, the top audio editing device accessible right now.
Producers can manually adjust the volumes of tracks or even delete them completely using Celemony’s Melody 5. This tool gives producers a chance to eliminate all the unwanted noises in a very detailed manner. You can also enjoy other features using the same tool.
How do I get rid of static in GarageBand?
Step 1. Open Existing File
Open the audio file you want to remove static from.
Step 2. Edit
Press the command-I, then press edit and click the gray to activate the gate effect.
Step 3. Plugins
Choose AUGraphicEQ (31 bands) on the effect editor screen.
Step 4. Play
While the track is playing adjust the sliders in the left corner of the AUGraphicEQ interface. This will lower the higher frequencies.
Step 5. Noise gate
Set the noise gate to -30dBs to eliminate noise in silences or pauses. Play to check everything is okay. If there are any errors pull the left sliding door little by little until it fits the way you want to sound.
Step 6. Experiment
Manually adjust EQ and Noise Gate until you hear the best sound.
Step 7. Save
Do not forget to save the results.
Expert Tip: Depending on the quality of the audio, you may have been able to eliminate the noises completely or just reduce them.
How Do I Remove Background Noise in GarageBand IOS?
Are you up for some sound or video editing? But get tired every time there are some unwanted noise or sound that comes with your actual edit? Here, I will be providing some useful steps to how remove background noise in GarageBand IOS.
There are actually several ways on how to do this, but on this one I will be sharing how to remove it manually. Maybe you have already tried some advanced steps but doing it manually is way better than gating almost all parts of your vocals.
Here are some:
- Double tap your audio recording in the workspace to highlight it.
- Zoom in your track for better views of the total editing process. (Zooming it all out will let you see every part of where the noise is from the wave format.)
- Divide the parts where you want to omit it, just simply hold Ctrl key + T to cut it easily.
- Loop the separated tracks by simply merging it as one.
Then, try to hear it again, if you still hear some noise in the background, just repeat the simple steps given above, make some adjustment to your end loops and you are finally done with it.
In conclusion, Garage Band is a digital track workstation used by Mac users. Garage Band noise reduction is managed by a tool called Noise Gate and Celemony’s Melodyne 5. Each of these tools provides steps that guide you on how you can reduce background noises in any of your work.
Noise reduction is very important in any podcast or track because it enhances the quality of a podcast, reduces background distraction and also helps people appreciate your work and watch more of your content.
You can also create a new background noise free vocal track to enhance the quality of your track.
If you have any questions. kindly comment down below. If you have used the Garage Band noise reduction tools. you can also leave a comment about your experience.
Noise reduction in any podcast or music track improves the quality of your work. This is the main work of Garage Band noise reduction tools.